Handheld infrared heater
for weed control
Thermal weed control methods can be used on practically all surfaces and always work according to the same principle. The application of thermal energy to the surface of the plants destroys the cell structure of the vegetative fibre.
The water which is transported from the root to the leaf cells evaporates and makes the plant dry up after a short time already. Furthermore, proteins are denatured whereby vital processes such as photosynthesis are being interrupted. As a result the damaged plant material dies. The ADLER Heaters use sophisticated infrared technology and offer a number of advantages compared to other methods.
- Clear restriction of operating area
- No noise exposure
- Low gas consumption
- Extremely short set-up times
- Clear limitation of operating area
- Plug and Play: Connect gas cylinder, light and get going
- Flexible use in tight spaces (traffic islands, bus stops, etc.) thanks to single-axle design and swivel-mounted burner
- Compact dimensions for ease of transport
- Optional hand-held burner for difficult-to-access spots
- Practically noiseless operation
Holistic weed control for paved areas, sidewalks, water-bound paths, cemetery maintenance. With the ADLER Infrared Heater you destroy weeds without toxins and environmentally friendly. No open flame! The devices are versatile and can be used on almost any surface up to the edge.
- Hand-held burner for difficult-to-access spots
|Dimensions in operating position mm||L 1.500 x B 352 x H 800 – 1.300||L 1.500 x B 536 x H 800 – 1.300|
|Dimensions in transport position mm||L 845 x B 352 x H 495||L 869 x B 536 x H 610|
|Number of infrared emitters||2||3|
|Weight (without gas cylinder) kg||40||51|
|Thermal output kW||13||19,5|
|Infrared emitter fuel||11 kg- / 5 kg propane gas cylinder||11 kg- / 5 kg propane gas cylinder|
|Capacity per gas cylinder h||10 / 4,5||ca. 7 / ca. 4,5|
|Working speed km/h||1,0-1,5||1,0-1,5|
|Area performance m2/h||up to 525||up to 800|
Note on gas installations
The gas systems of devices for thermal weed control must be checked regularly to ensure safe operation of the system.
The inspection of these systems must be carried out by a “person qualified to inspect” and is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the accident prevention regulation “Use of liquid gas” (DGUV 79)
The inspection interval for the ADLER Heater gas systems is 2 years.
ADLER Arbeitsmaschinen GmbH & Co. KG carries out the initial inspection in cooperation with Westfalen AG.
We also recommend Westfalen AG for the upcoming recurring inspections, as they have technicians and service partners working throughout Germany.
Under the following link you will also find an online database of other inspectors for liquid gas systems:
Here are some search suggestions for input:
- Sicherheit durch Prüfung
- Prüfer Datenbank (Prüfungen von Flüssiggasanlagen zu Brennzwecken in Fahrzeugen)
- Postleitzahl eintragen und mit „Prüfer suchen“ bestätigen
- Eine Liste möglicher Prüfstellen wird angezeigt
ADLER Heater Flexi 350 / 500
Get more information
Are you interested in this product? Please fill in the form and let us or one of our sales partners provide you with more information!