Handheld infrared weed burner
ADLER-Heater 500 / 750 E
Thermal weed control methods can be used on practically all surfaces and always work according to the same principle. The application of thermal energy to the surface of the plants destroys the cell structure of the vegetative fibre.
The water which is transported from the root to the leaf cells evaporates and makes the plant dry up after a short time already. Furthermore, proteins are denatured whereby vital processes such as photosynthesis are being interrupted. As a result the damaged plant material dies. The ADLER Heaters use sophisticated infrared technology and offer a number of advantages compared to other methods.
Clear restriction of operating area No noise exposure Low gas consumption Extremely short set-up times
- Environmentally friendly weed control without chemicals.
- ADLER plug-and-play principle hardly any set-up times.
- Efficient and inexpensive gas Use of commercially available 11 kg propane gas cylinders
- Temperatures of approx. 800 – 900 °C no other media required for weed control (such as water, foam additives, etc.)
- High-quality ceramic plates are used to generate the infrared radiation.
- Thermal weed control with infrared rays is effective against both wild weeds and their seeds
- Low gas consumption almost noiseless and very energy efficient
- No open flame Devices can be used in many ways and on almost any surface right up to the edge
- Infrared weed control is non-toxic and environmentally friendly
- Destroys root system and seeds Regrowth is reduced
- No herbicides ideal for surfaces, roads and water-bound paths
Holistic weed control for paved areas, sidewalks, water-bound paths, cemetery maintenance. With the ADLER infrared heater you can destroy weeds in a non-toxic and environmentally friendly way. No open flame! The devices can be used in a variety of ways and on almost any surface up to the edge.
|Model||ADLER-Heater 500 E||ADLER-Heater 750 E|
|Basic device dimensions||mm||L 1.495 x B 532 x H 829||L 1.495 x B 703 x H 829|
|Number of infrared emitters||3||4|
|Weight (without gas cylinder or hand-held burner)||kg||108||128|
|Battery power supply||Ah||17||17|
|Battery capacity||h||2 – 5||2 – 4|
|Infrared emitter fuel||11 kg-propane gas cylinder||11 kg-propane gas cylinder|
|Gas consumption||kg||up to 2.3||up to 3.0|
|Capacity per gas cylinder||h||app. 5||app. 3.5|
|Working speed||km/h||up to 2||up to 2|
|Area performance per hour||m²||up to 1.000||up to 1.500|
|Overall cost/m € including 4-year depreciation 5 hours/day 100 days/year||€||0,02||0,02|
Note on gas installations
The gas systems of devices for thermal weed control must be checked regularly to ensure safe operation of the system.
The inspection of these systems must be carried out by a “person qualified to inspect” and is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the accident prevention regulation “Use of liquid gas” (DGUV 79)
The inspection interval for the ADLER Heater gas systems is 2 years.
ADLER Arbeitsmaschinen GmbH & Co. KG carries out the initial inspection in cooperation with Westfalen AG.
We also recommend Westfalen AG for the upcoming recurring inspections, as they have technicians and service partners working throughout Germany.
Under the following link you will also find an online database of other inspectors for liquid gas systems (in German):
ADLER-Heater 500 / 750 E
Get more information
Are you interested in this product? Please fill in the form and let us or one of our sales partners provide you with more information!
- ADLER Heater 1000/1400
ADLER Heater 1000/1400
Large-scale thermal weed control for roads, paved or water-bound surfaces. ADLER Heaters fit all standard carrier vehicles.
- Walk-behind Sweeper HU 6.5 + HK 5.5 + HK 6.5
Walk-behind Sweeper HU 6.5 + HK 5.5 + HK 6.5
Over the years, this sweeper has also proven itself to be a great help in winter: smaller amounts of snow can be quickly cleared with a snow brush whereas the easy-to-attach snow blade allows you to eliminate larger amounts of snow as well.